A changing climate and increasing coastal urbanization is making the effects of extreme storm conditions all the more dangerous for residents of hurricane-prone areas, which includes most of Florida. People hoping to protect their homes from hurricane-force winds and other extreme weather conditions have two primary options: impact windows and hurricane shutters.
Hurricane shutters in Miami, FL are an ideal tool that many homeowners choose to use to protect their property and possessions from storm-force winds, rains and debris.
Impact windows are another excellent choice for people hoping to safeguard their home against flying debris, high winds and extensive rains.
There are a number of benefits associated with both impact windows and hurricane shutters. Depending on your specific needs, either impact windows or hurricane shutters in Miami, FL may be right for you and your home.
Benefits of impact windows
There are a number of benefits associated with installing impact windows at your home, including:
- One-time installation: When you invest in impact window installation, that’s all you need to do—once the windows are in place, there’s no need to do anything else. Even if you’re out of town when a storm strikes, or even if a storm strikes suddenly, your impact windows will be keeping your property and possessions safe.
- Improved energy efficiency: Another benefit of impact windows is the fact that they actually improve the energy efficiency of your home. By tightening up your home’s envelope, impact windows can help you reduce your heating and cooling costs. Additionally, they can help you keep bad air quality at bay.
- Aesthetic: Compared with many storm protection measures, impact windows are very aesthetically pleasing. In fact, it’s unlikely that most people would even notice the fact that storm windows are installed at your home.
Benefits of hurricane shutters
Hurricane shutters in Miami, FL also have a number of benefits, including the following:
- Improved security: Following a storm, it’s important to know that your home is protected. Hurricane shutters in Miami, FL protect glass windows and doors, which are among the most valuable parts of your abode.
- Easy deployment: It’s exceptionally easy to deploy hurricane shutters in Miami, FL when a storm is approaching. In fact, most models are deployed within a mere matter of minutes. Additionally, they can be deployed by a single person. Some shutters, like roll shutters, operate mechanically, requiring almost no effort to deploy.
- Enhanced home value: Investing in hurricane shutters in Miami, FL can help you maintain your home value both before and after a storm. Installing hurricane shutters demonstrates that you care about your home, and are willing to invest money to protect it for yourself and for any future owners who may purchase it.
Since 2005, Greystoke Hurricane Protection LLC has been providing high-quality impact windows and hurricane shutters in Miami, FL. We’re proud to help our clients identify and install storm protection systems that meet their specific needs. Our knowledgeable, friendly associates are here to help you make the most of your investment in storm protection.
Categorised in: Hurricane Shutters