As a Florida homeowner, your top priority is to protect your property from the devastating effects of the region’s hurricanes. It’s important to take every feasible step to ensure your home sustains as little damage as possible when a strong, fast-moving storm moves through the area. Unfortunately, many precautionary measures can be quite expensive. Consumers must determine which option offers the best return for their investment.
The installation of impact resistant windows is the most cost effective and durable solution for preventing damage to property. Not only will they reduce storm damage, but the addition of impact resistant windows will also reduce outside sounds and even improve energy efficiency. Let’s take a closer look at just a few of the many benefits of impact resistant windows in Miami, FL:
- Storm protection: One of the most important benefits is the high level of protection impact resistant windows offer against hurricanes and other high-intensity storms. The windows are strong enough to stand up to high winds and torrential downpours. The improved durability reduces the need for regular repairs, in addition to preventing damage.
- Noise and heat reduction: Impact resistant windows in Miami, FL can keep the sounds of loud neighbors or a noisy street quiet. They act as an additional barrier against any loud noises. Additionally, impact windows are resistant against strong heat waves, which will keep the outside temperatures and sunlight from raising the temperature inside of the home.
- Improved energy efficiency: Installing impact resistant windows can help reduce your monthly utility costs. Impact windows can improve the energy efficiency in a home significantly by preventing the harsh rays of the sun from leaking in and increasing the temperature inside of the home.
- UV protection: UV light can cause a variety of skin-related health issues, including skin cancer. On top of that, the light could damage furniture, flooring and other household items. Impact windows feature a powerful glass coating paired with a window tinting and double glazing that reduces the damaging effects of UV light.
- Corrosion resistant: The combination of salt and humidity in Florida can do quite a bit of damage to the home. These conditions can cause the doors and windows to corrode over time, leaving homeowners with no choice but to replace the windows earlier than expected. Impact resistant windows are designed to be resistant to corrosion while offering added protection from traditional wear.
- Improved security: Impact resistant windows are much more secure than traditional windows. The windows are designed to withstand even extreme impact. Layers of glass are separated by a plastic interlay that holds the panels of glass together when impacted, instead of shattering. This makes it significantly more difficult for burglars to break into the home. Many won’t bother after spotting impact resistant windows, as they know they will be unable to enter the home quickly and quietly.
It’s clear that impact resistant windows are the superior choice. Call Greystoke Hurricane Protection LLC if you would like to learn more about impact resistant windows in Miami, FL or are ready for an estimate. We offer a variety of hurricane products to protect your home. Contact us today to learn more!
Categorised in: Hurricane Impact Windows