Hurricane force winds consist of any sustained gusts between 76 and 156 mph. If your home is directly in the path of a storm, your windows may be subjected to flying debris hurtling faster than a racecar. Even the highest-quality standard windows would shatter in an instant when subjected to that kind of impact. That’s why it’s important to invest in impact resistant windows in Miami, FL before the next hurricane season begins in earnest.
South Florida residents know that the next hurricane is always right around the corner. The 2018 hurricane season officially begins on June 1, which means that this spring is the prime time to make an investment in impact resistant windows in Miami, FL. If last year’s punishing hurricane season is any indication, South Florida residents can expect another year of sustained battering.
Impact resistant windows in Miami, FL often represent a substantial investment. Faced with changing weather patterns and increasingly violent storms, however, they’re almost always worth the protection and peace of mind they bring. Here are just some of the reasons to make this the year that you bite the bullet and buy hurricane-proof windows for your home or commercial space:
- Increased protection: The primary reason to invest in impact resistant windows in Miami, FL is that they provide you with a layer of increased protection, not only from hurricanes, but also from would-be intruders, and even the stray baseball!
- Enhanced appearance: Hurricane shutters and accordion shutters can be unsightly at times. Impact windows, on the other hand, blend seamlessly into the fabric of your home. They all bear a high-quality appearance.
- UV protection: An added benefit of storm windows is that they add protection from ultraviolet light. This can protect your furniture, carpeting and paint from damage caused by the sun, allowing you to make the most of your natural light without worry.
- One-time installation: Unlike hurricane shutters, impact windows don’t need to be deployed and taken down every time there’s a hurricane warning. Once your impact resistant windows in Miami, FL are in place, you don’t have to worry about them.
- Insurance rates: Investing in high-quality impact resistant windows will help you save money in the long run. Impact windows can substantially reduce your mortgage and homeowners’ insurance premium rates.
- Noise reduction: Impact resistant windows can make your home quieter and more enjoyable. This is another added benefit that is especially valuable if you live in an active neighborhood or near a freeway.
Since 2005, Greystoke Hurricane Protection has been a highly trusted provider of impact resistant windows in Miami, FL. We provide our clients with sensible and attainable hurricane prevention systems that meet their individual needs. There’s no job too big or too small to be handled by our licensed, bonded and insured team of hurricane safety experts. We sell American-made hurricane safety gear that’s approved by the Miami-Dade Building Product Control Division. To learn more about our hurricane safety systems and to find a solution that may be right for you, contact us today!
Categorised in: Hurricane Impact Windows